Feminisation surgery is a set of surgical procedures that aim to soften and refine facial and bodily features. At IM GENDER, we specialise in different MTF surgeries, including vaginoplasty, facial feminisation, breast augmentation, body feminisation surgery, voice surgery, among others.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
OUR FEMINISATION SURGERIES
At our gender reassignment clinic, we offer a wide variety of feminisation surgeries, including vaginoplasty, facial feminisation, breast augmentation, body feminisation surgeries, and other gender affirmation surgeries that cater to all needs and preferences.
- Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a gender reassignment surgery that transforms male genitals into female genitals. At IM GENDER, we specialise in the penile inversion technique, colovaginoplasty, and penile inversion vaginoplasty with graft.
- MTF orchiectomy: MTF orchiectomy involves the removal of the testicles, which drastically reduces the production of testosterone and consequently facilitates the process of feminisation.
- Facial feminisation surgery (FFS):Is a set of surgical and non-surgical techniques used to modify masculine facial features to achieve a more feminine appearance. At our gender reassignment clinic, we offer a variety of procedures, including reduction of the Adam’s apple, thyroplasty, jaw and chin feminisation surgery, nose feminisation surgery, cheek augmentation…
- Breast augmentation: This plastic surgery is a significant operation within the set of feminization surgeries, as it helps create a more pronounced feminine silhouette. Our gender surgery-specialised plastic surgeons offer a wide variety of implant options and surgical techniques to achieve natural and attractive results.
- Body feminisation surgeries: In addition to the specific surgeries mentioned above, at IM GENDER we also offer body feminisation surgeries to help you achieve the feminine look you desire. These surgeries may include buttock augmentation, calf augmentation, high definition liposuction, and abdominoplasty.
- Voice surgery: Voice surgery, also known as glottoplasty, is a procedure that adjusts the larynx to produce a higher and more feminine tone of voice. This procedure can be especially useful for people who have not experienced significant changes in their voice with hormone therapy.
- Aesthetic medicine: At IM GENDER, we also offer a wide variety of aesthetic medicine treatments to enhance the appearance of our patients. These treatments may include facial bioremodelling, facial rejuvenation, body treatments, and other non-surgical procedures to achieve a more feminine and natural look.
At IM GENDER, we understand that feminisation surgery is an important step in the transition process for many transgender women. Throughout the entire process, from the initial consultation to postoperative follow-up, our team will guide you every step of the way.
We also offer a wide variety of complementary services and treatments that can further enhance the results of surgery. These include hormone therapy, laser hair removal, psychological counseling, and emotional support. Our clinic is a comprehensive space where individuals can access complete and personalised gender care.
POSTOPERATIVE CARE AFTER FEMINISATION SURGERY
After feminisation surgery, it is common to experience pain and swelling. Therefore, it is important to carefully follow the plastic surgeon’s instructions for wound care and medication administration. It is also recommended to avoid intense exercise and sexual activity for a certain period of time. The recovery time varies depending on the type of surgery and the patient, but generally, a few weeks of rest is recommended. If you experience complications, do not hesitate to contact us.
RESULTS OF FEMINISATION SURGERY
Feminisation surgery can have highly satisfactory results, improving one’s appearance and self-confidence. The results may vary depending on the type of surgery performed and each patient’s specific needs, but the goal is generally to achieve a more feminine appearance in facial and body structure. Vaginoplasty may also allow patients to experience a more comfortable and satisfying sexual life. The final results of the surgery may take several months to fully manifest, as the body needs time to heal and adjust to the changes made.
FAQS ABOUT FEMINISATION SURGERY
What is feminisation surgery?
Feminisation surgery, also known as MTF surgery, is a set of surgical procedures that aim to modify a person’s physical characteristics to help them feel more comfortable with their body. At IM GENDER, we offer a variety of feminisation surgeries, including vaginoplasty, facial feminisation, breast augmentation, body feminisation surgeries, voice surgery, and aesthetic medicine.
Who is a good candidate for feminisation surgery?
A good candidate for feminisation surgery is someone who identifies as transgender and desires to modify their physical appearance to align with their gender identity. It’s important to have realistic expectations and understand the potential risks and benefits of the surgery. A consultation with a specialised surgeon is necessary to determine if the individual is a good candidate and which procedures may be appropriate for them. The individual should also be in good physical and mental health, as well as have the necessary support system in place for postoperative care.
How can I know if MTF surgery is right for me?
The first step is to have a consultation with one of our specialised surgeons in male-to-female surgery. During the consultation, your needs and expectations will be discussed, and it will be determined if feminisation surgery is right for you.
How do I choose the right surgeon for feminisation surgery?
It is important to find a qualified surgeon who has experience performing feminisation surgeries. At IM GENDER, we have a team of experienced and skilled surgeons who specialise in gender-affirming surgeries. It is recommended to seek out referrals from other transgender people who have undergone surgery, and to verify the surgeon’s credentials and experience. It is also important to feel comfortable and confident with the surgeon during the consultation process. At IM GENDER, we encourage our patients to schedule a consultation with our surgeons to discuss their goals, expectations, and any questions or concerns they may have.
How can I prepare for feminisation surgery?
It is important to follow the surgeon’s instructions for preparing for surgery, which may include adjustments to the diet and medications to avoid. Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol consumption is also recommended. Having a strong emotional support system and being in good health before surgery is important.
How long does it take to recover from feminisation surgery?
The recovery time varies depending on the type of surgery the patient has had. In general, the recovery time can range from weeks to several months. During this time, it is important to follow the surgeon’s instructions to ensure proper recovery and minimise the risk of complications.
What are the risks of feminisation surgery?
At IM GENDER, we follow strict safety protocols to minimise the risks associated with feminisation surgery. However, as with any surgery, there are still risks such as bleeding, infection, scarring, and complications related to anaesthesia. Choosing an experienced surgeon and carefully following pre and postoperative care instructions can help reduce these risks. It’s important to discuss any concerns you may have with your surgeon during the consultation process.
How long does it take to see the final results of MTF surgery?
The final results of feminisation surgery may not be fully visible for several months to a year after the surgery, as the body needs time to heal and adjust. Results will vary depending on the individual’s starting point, their body’s response to surgery, and other factors.
What is the price of feminisation surgery?
The price of feminisation surgery varies depending on the type of surgery. Please feel free to contact us, so we can provide a personalised quote based on your needs.
Do you have any questions about MTF surgery? Do you want to know the price of feminisation surgery?